Tweedle-Dee Pants

This past weekend Tim and I attended a conference on marriage. The three talks given were by the same priest and were so good. It was great for us to have some one-on-one time, and also to have both been present for the enriching talks! This is what I pulled together to wear:
Lace top olive pants, cropped pants and wedges, White olive tan outfit
top: Shein | pants: J. Crew factory | sandals: Land's End via Amazon | earrings: Etsy | bag: hand-me-down
I'm having a smidge of buyer's remorse with these pants, which I bought before our Europe trip. I liked them at first but more often that not I feel a bit frumpy-dumpy, shapeless when I put them on. I think part of it is that they're high-waisted which I'm realizing does NOT work for me! My mid-section still protrudes quite a bit so every time I try on high-waisted things they are absolutely not flattering. I feel like this:
Image result for tweedle dee and tweedle dum creative commons
As I was getting ready on Saturday the clock was ticking and I decided it was going to be a Tim Gunn "make it work" moment with the pants! Lamentably, the black wedge sandals I had originally planned to wear made everything look off but luckily I think these tan ones ended up working out better- whatever trick that is that nude shoes do. :)

Comments

  1. I love high waist anything. And my midsection protrudes a lot. eeek
    yay for one-on-one time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard so many moms say they prefer high waisted- I think it must be my shape or maybe I just need to size up?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts