My 2018 Sartorial Success

A while back I read this post about finding a properly fitting bra. It unquestionably wasn't the first time I'd heard about the importance of such a thing, and I definitely read it with a bit of sheepishness, as I knew I was absolutely not wearing the right size bra. 
It's just such a commitment to spend $$ on things of that nature when you know your body is bound to change, plus taking the time to measure yourself and then shop around...too much! Much easier to let things like that slip way down your list of things to attend to.

Well, the more I looked at myself the more I knew the bras I was wearing were not doing me any favors (and one of them I've had since before we were married- eight+ years ago! I'm a cliche!) and the time had come to do things right. I used this measuring guide (just cannot bring myself to go into a department store and have someone measure me) a few different times just to be sure of the results. It gives a suggested size and a sister size; I went with the sister size because the suggested band size was a bit too tight. I first went to TJ Maxx (haha, my go-to for unmentionables on the cheap) but ended up splurging on this brand via Amazon. I am really happy with it! You can also find the same brand on the cheap at Nordstrom Rack, but the available options were super limited (at least in my size).

This year I'm trying to work on doing things right instead of good enough- even if it means splurging on a bra. :)
Also, another little sartorial success:


Boot shapers! I have had these boots probably about four years and they've lived flopped over for that amount of time, when not being worn. Hopefully this will help them last a bit longer!

Comments

Popular Posts