Three Winter Coats for $35

Two years ago I found this vintage dressy winter coat that I LOVED at a thrift store for $15. It was in great condition and timely, since the nice coat I had bought several years before I could no longer button closed (womp, womp).  

youthcraft coat, vintage camel coat, thrifted coat, camel colored coat
Unfortunately, one of the buttons was lost a few months ago:(

I've always loved the idea of a fun colored wool coat- like red, orange, or green. This past fall I snatched up this orange one (wool, cashmere, nylon blend) for $10 at a new Goodwill location:


I think it's '80s, which I kinda love.

What I really like about it is that it would work during pregnancy and that I can move in it! So often in the past I would forego a coat when running errands with the kids unless it was super cold, because I felt *so* constricted when getting my girls in or out of car seats, carts, etc. 
Swing coats are made for moms!

Land's End down coat, red winter coat, faux fur red coat, thrifted down coat, sleeping bag coat

This last coat was an answer to prayer! I've been really needing a coat to wear in the snow and wanted something longish and warm. I honestly didn't think I'd ever find what I was looking for second-hand and could hardly believe my eyes when I found this Land's End down coat at a Salvation Army. It needed to be cleaned and is missing a snap button on one of the flap pockets but other than that it's just right! I actually almost passed it up as it was $20 (haha, if that was online I wouldn't think twice about that steal of a price but when thrifting it sounds so expensive!) but necessity won out, and it ended up ringing up 50% off. :)

Last week I found the same coat in a blue color at another Salvation Army- I guess now is the time to look for coats? Anyway, keep your eye out, as you never know when you'll come across something quality in your size!

Comments

Popular Posts