The 80s Called...

The other day I thrifted the earrings below- they kind of looked 80s at first but when I saw them up close I wondered if they were el cheapo ones from the H&M accessory wall or something. I bought them anyway, and by the heavy feel of them and the odd placement of the little sticks on the back (what are those called?) I'm pretty sure they're 80s or 90s. Which I'm okay with! I've been on a big earring kick lately; it's possible in the years to come I'll look back and think, "oh, yeah the colossal earring phase", but for now I'll proudly wear 'em!
80s earrings, Vintage statement earrings, Navy and white summer outfit
 shirt: Shein | shorts: Madewell | sandals: J. Crew factory

The shorts I bought two summers ago during a mega clearance sale and am not impressed. The material pills a ridiculous amount and the scallops easily cling/ flip under, which is vexing since the company name is *made* *well*! C'est la vie.



Comments

  1. What?! A Madewell item was piling?? I would be very upset too. I got a chambray top for full price. I love it. I haven't washed it so better stay awesome.
    Good for you for being bold! Those earrings are unique. Good find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was so bummed. It's hard to explain the material but it def. has lots of tiny pills and snags easily. At least the shorts have pockets? And I always hear great things about Madewell (and can hardly find it second-hand!), so hoping these were a fluke!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts