What I Wore Sunday

Linking up with Sarah!

We're in the middle of some true winter weather right now- on Sunday we had extremely cold, gusty winds which made me SO glad I didn't wear the skirt I was planning on!

velvet pants outfit, pointy flats with pants, purple velvet pants, fair isle sweater outfit


sweater: J. Crew via eBay | pants: thrifted Old Navy | shoes: J. Crew factory

I recently found these shoes for $12 (and free shipping if you sign up for emails!) and they're still on super sale- if you need black flats I definitely recommend them (but size up)!
.......
My husband recently became an extraordinary minister of Holy Communion, which is of course a good thing, but the masses he serves at become crazy town for me and the kids. EVERY single time! I feel like it shouldn't be such a big deal- he's gone for maybe 10-15 minutes, but inevitably mayhem ensues with the younger two. Plus the older two have no clue when to start mobilizing for Holy Communion (I know they're young but man, a modicum of awareness please!), so every time I'm whisper barking orders to start moving while kicking kneelers up (always more than one!), and haphazardly grabbing children...it makes me SO grateful for Sundays when Tim doesn't help.

Anyway, on a lighter note I thought this was a great, encouraging post on personal style.

Have a good rest of your week!

Comments

  1. My husband is a greeter/usher. He always has 2-3 with him at the front door or when he has the basket during collection. They think he is so cool because he gets to leave the pew.

    Being an EMHC is different, I understand. It will be a disaster to have children next to him during Communion.

    Thanks for linking up. I love good sales. Great find on those ballet flats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of our ushers have their kids/ grandkids around too for greeting and passing the baskets- I love how they include them!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts